Boston Accessibility Roundtable - October 2011
On October 12, 2011, the Boston Accessibility Group met for the first time at the Microsoft NERD Center. Following a pizza-and-brownie dinner, we came up with the following list of possible topics for upcoming meetings:
- Tools to analyze accessibility: WorldEyes, FireEyes, Inspect32, FANGS, Wicket, etc.
- Case studies
- Demos (Dragon, hands-free apps,
- How to create an accessible web page
- Adaptive learning
- Functional disabilities
- Cognitive issues (seniors, learning, intellectual, traumatic brain injury, etc.)
- Responsive Design
- Making mobile applications accessible
- Colors, Captions, Transcripts, etc.
- Experiments (making things happen)
- Discussion: What challenges to people face in creating accessible applications or output? How can they accomplish them?
Hope to see you in November! See the home page for the registration link. If you would like to present at an upcoming meeting, email us.